Welcome

A blog for kids (and their parents) who love books, words, and dreaming big...
I'm so glad you stopped by! Welcome.

Saturday, August 4, 2012

There is a Field Under the Sun

Photo courtesy of PublicDomainPictures.net

There is a Field Under the Sun

There is a field under the sun
Where a day's work is done
In ancient rhythms of soil,
Where sunset ends the day of toil
And one man against the sky
Bids the evening sun good-bye.

~ Margaret Wise Brown

I'll be spending the day on my uncle's farm in north central Illinois, where he has worked and lived all of his life.  (My grandfather purchased the land as a young man and farmed it until he retired and my uncle took over.)  Me, I'm not a farmer, but I still have that love of the soil in my blood, and this poem speaks to me....

No comments:

Post a Comment