Welcome

A blog for kids (and their parents) who love books, words, and dreaming big...
I'm so glad you stopped by! Welcome.

Friday, September 7, 2012

Believing

Photo courtesy of PublicDomainPictures.net

". . . the person who gets 
the most rejection letters 
will, in the end, 
get the most acceptance phone calls. 
She's put herself out there. 
She's learning 
from the editorial responses. 
She's writing away. 
She's believing in herself."

 ~ Gail Carson Levine

The idea behind this quote is easier said than done.  I know.  I couldn't even count all the stories and poems that I've submitted over the last several weeks.  I've been writing, writing, writing every day lately.  But sometimes it's hard to keep on believing, to keep on writing, and to keep on sending out submissions in the face of rejection.  Sometimes I think: It would be so much easier to just give up.  When that happens, I need to remind myself of this quote and others.  I have to keep on writing, keep on submitting.  If I don't, my dreams of being published will never come true.  If I do, hopefully -- someday -- they will.

No comments:

Post a Comment