Welcome

A blog for kids (and their parents) who love books, words, and dreaming big...
I'm so glad you stopped by! Welcome.

Saturday, September 15, 2012

The Milkweed

Photo courtesy of Wikipedia

The Milkweed

Anonymous as cherubs
Over the crib of God,
White seeds are floating
Out of my burst pod.

What power had I
Before I learned to yield?
Shatter me, great wind:
I shall possess the field.

~ Richard Wilbur

Walking through the forest preserve earlier this week, I spotted several milkweed pods that had begun to crack open and spill their silky white seeds onto the breeze.  The sight reminded me of this poem that I found in a book last year (I'm sorry, I don't remember which book it was!), then copied down because I loved it so much.  What a powerful message in those last two lines....

No comments:

Post a Comment