Welcome

A blog for kids (and their parents) who love books, words, and dreaming big...
I'm so glad you stopped by! Welcome.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Collecting words...

Photo courtesy of PublicDomainPictures.net

An excerpt:

Max collected words that made him feel good.
Park, Baseball, Dogs, Hugs
He collected words of things he liked to eat.
Bananas, Pancakes, Ice cream
He collected words that were spoken to him.
Good morning, goodbye, go away!
He collected his favorite colors.
Green, Blue, Brown
Max opened the dictionary and found words he did not know.
He copied these on small slips of paper.
Slithered
Iguana

~ from Max's Words,
written by Kate Banks

I found this book at the library the other day, and just had to bring it home with me.  The thought of a little boy (or girl) collecting words makes me smile! :)  I make lists of words myself -- words I like, words I hear, new words I've just learned.  How about you?  Do you collect words?

No comments:

Post a Comment