Welcome

A blog for kids (and their parents) who love books, words, and dreaming big...
I'm so glad you stopped by! Welcome.

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

SOS

Photo courtesy of PublicDomainPictures.net

SOS

Sammy's head is pounding--
Sammy's in pain--
A long division's got
Stuck in his brain--
Call for the locksmith
Call the engineer
Call for the plumber
To suck out his ear,
Call the brain surgeon
To pry out the mess,
Call out the Coast Guard
SOS,
Because--
Sammy's head is pounding--
Sammy's in pain--
A long division's got 
Stuck in his brain.

~Beverly McLoughland

This poem makes me laugh.  It does a good job of describing how I feel whenever I have to do math.  My kids Emmalie and Nick feel the same way, but my seven-year-old Ben LOVES math.  (He must've gotten that from his daddy.) How about you?  Does math make your head hurt or does it make you happy?  (Or are you indifferent to it?)

No comments:

Post a Comment