Welcome

A blog for kids (and their parents) who love books, words, and dreaming big...
I'm so glad you stopped by! Welcome.

Saturday, November 3, 2012

The paper will always listen.

Photo courtesy of PublicDomainPictures.net

"Sometimes 
there's no one to listen 
to what you really 
might like to say 
at a certain moment.  
The paper will always listen.  
Also, the more you write,  
the paper will begin 
to speak back 
and allow you to discover 
new parts of your own life 
and other lives 
and feel how things connect." 

~ Naomi Shihab Nye,
 in The Place My Words are Looking For

There have been times in my life when I felt I had no one to listen to me.  In many of those times, I ended up turning to my trusty pen and paper (or my keyboard and monitor), to "speak" to them.  What Nye says is true:  It doesn't matter whether I recite some poetry or tell a story or just scribble my emotions onto the page -- the paper does always listen! And, as she also says, after awhile it does start to speak back. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment