Welcome

A blog for kids (and their parents) who love books, words, and dreaming big...
I'm so glad you stopped by! Welcome.

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Phantasm

Photo courtesy of PublicDomainPictures.net
I wanted to share a Halloween-related word this week, and finally decided on phantasm [fan-taz-uh m], a noun that means "an apparition or spectre". That is to say, it is a fancy word for "ghost".

Here are a couple of examples I came up with, using the word:

I think I will paint my face white, 
wrap myself up in a sheet, 
and go to the costume party as a phantasm.

Suddenly, the room turned very cold. 
I could even see my breath. The hairs 
stood up on my arms as I slowly turned around.
I stood face to face with a phantasm.

Shrieking, the phantasm flew through the 
doorway and out into the night.

How would you use the word phantasm?


No comments:

Post a Comment