Welcome

A blog for kids (and their parents) who love books, words, and dreaming big...
I'm so glad you stopped by! Welcome.

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Hurt No Living Thing

Photo courtesy of PublicDomainPictures.net

Hurt No Living Thing

Hurt no living thing;
  Ladybird, no butterfly,
Nor moth with dusty wing,
  No cricket chirping cheerily,
Nor grasshopper so light of leap,
  Nor dancing gnat, no beetle fat,
Nor harmless worms that creep.

~ Christina Rossetti

This poem reminds me of my son, Nick, who has such a gentle spirit and loves all living things -- animals, insects, plants.  He doesn't even like to watch me pull weeds from our garden, and gets upset if he accidentally steps on a bug.

(Psst... if you haven't read about the Big Blue Birthday Contest yet, please check out this post.)

1 comment:

  1. I was thinking of my husband as I was reading this, he is exactly like that, loves ALL living things!

    ReplyDelete