Welcome

A blog for kids (and their parents) who love books, words, and dreaming big...
I'm so glad you stopped by! Welcome.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Lazy Hazy Summer Day

Photo courtesy of PublicDomainPictures.net

In honor of the first day of summer, 
a poem from my friend, Thena:

Lazy Hazy Summer Day

Lazy, hazy summer day
Come and take my cares away
I'm tired of work
And want to play!
Summer breezes and summer fun
Summer clothes and summer shoes
Farewell blahs and winter blues!
Summer, hurry and come to stay...
Oh how I love a summer day
Lazy, hazy summer day!

~ Thena Smith, 
Where is Thena?  I Need a Poem About...


Hooray for summer!  Hooray for lazy days, floating in the pool... for vacations... for camping trips... for days on the beach -- reading books on a towel in the warm sand, collecting pebbles and shells, building sand castles, and romping in the waves... for nature hikes... for homemade ice cream... for cookouts and picnics... and so much more!  What do you like best about summertime?

(Psst... if you haven't read about the Big Blue Birthday Contest yet, please check out this post.)

No comments:

Post a Comment