Welcome

A blog for kids (and their parents) who love books, words, and dreaming big...
I'm so glad you stopped by! Welcome.

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Popsicle

Ben, July 2008


Popsicle

P  o  p  s  i  c  l  e
P  o  p  s  i  c  l  e
t    i    c    k    l   e
 t o n g u e      f u n
l  i  c  k  s  i  c  l  e
s  t  i  c  k  s i c l e
p   l    e    a    s    e
d  o  n'  t      r  u  n
d  r  i  p   s  i  c  l  e
s  l  i  p   s  i  c  l  e
m  e  l  t,   m  e  l  t
t    r    i     c    k    y
s  t  o  p   s  i  c  l e
p  l  o  p  s  i  c  l  e
h   a   n   d    a   l   l
s
t
i
c
k
y

~ Joan Bransfield Graham

This is such a fun poem, on so many levels!  I love that it's a concrete poem -- a poem that makes a picture. I love all of the rhymes Graham uses, especially the words she made up, like "dripsickle".  And I love how reading the poem makes me wish that I had a popsicle of my own, right now!

1 comment: